A custom bar is a fancy element you can add in a house, especially for those homeowners who fancy to host and entertain some guests. It is something that creates an impression from anyone who would notice it, as it is something that most houses do not have.
A custom bar buildout service can be very attainable and affordable to those who want to have it. It provides a process that lets the customer customize completely the functionality as well as the look of the bar area. However, the freer you are, the more responsibility you need to have, and more things to take into consideration.
The following are the things you need to think about planning your custom bar:
1.Picking your preferred area
This is the first step in planning on building your own custom bar. However, before you decide, take into consideration the following:
- Do you want to have other bar activities such as arcade games, pool tables, TV, or darts?
- How many sits would you like to be available?
- What will be the shape of the bar?
- Do you want to install its own bathroom?
- Do you like having a high-top table?
- Is the electricity, cable, or water line accessible in the area?
2.Plan for the functionality
Of course, it is important to consider the functionalities you prefer in your custom bar. Consider the following you may want:
- Accessible dishwasher for easy cleaning out
- Draft beer system especially for those who love beer
- Ice machine
- Pizza ovens or microwave
3. How would you prefer your storage?
When it comes to a good and functional custom bar, it is necessary to have good storage as it allows you to showcase what you have to offer. You can customize your cabinet doors to show off your collection of bottles and glasses. You can also add some lighting to make it more attractive and emphasized. You can also ad in your storage:
- Under the bar
- TV cable box
- Stereo system
4. Decide on the layout and design you prefer
Consider the following tips and advice:
- Cabinetry – you need to decide for design, color, preference in handles as well as shelves
- Lighting for the bar – understand the lights in your bar can make or break the layout as it is the focal point of the bar
- Sink – it is better to have a sink in the bar
- Footrail – most people overlook the importance and convenience that footrail provides. Most guests would prefer to have a footrail to rest their feet on the stools.
- Flooring – carpet will not be economic and ideal for a bar; it is recommended that you prefer wood.
- Bar stools – two feet out on each bar stool
- Countertops – find an elegant looking countertop that is also durable
- Wine racks and areas of spirits – customize your display and take advantage of building freely for your custom bar
- Back wall design – this is the largest part of the bar’s design. You can also add T.V in this area.